From a very young age I have always loved to design and build things. Legos and Erector Sets were my favorite toys. In the fifth grade, a few friends and I wanted to design and build a model rocket that could go into space, though we never achieved our lofty goal, we very much enjoyed the process of designing the rocket and building small models of it.
That passion to design and build has only grown since then. I elected to go into the field of computer science because it is one place where creativity and passion can truly thrive. I am a massive supporter of open source software and the ideals that come along with it. I hope to one day create a company that boasts a Linux based operating system that has the ability to compete head to head with Microsoft and Apple.
I have a wide range of programming skills, everything from Linux server automation through shell scripting, to web development, to wireless sensor networks. Below are lists of languages, frameworks, and tools that I use most frequently.
- Shell Script
- CSS, SCSS
Libraries and Frameworks
- Ruby on Rails
I enrolled at Marshall University in 2015 and am projected to graduate as part of the class of 2019 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- INCLUSION at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) Summer 2018.
- NASA West Virginia Space Grant Consortium Undergraduate Fellowship (2018) ($5,000)
- NASA West Virginia Space Grant Consortium Undergraduate Fellowship (2017) ($5,000)
- Marshall Summer Undergraduate Research Expierence Grant ($4,000)
- West Virginia Promise Scholarship
- Laidley Scholarship
- Willis Scholarship
- American Red Cross Scholarship
- Letter of Recognition from the Nation Center for Supercomputing Applications
- Outstanding Freshmen in Computer Science
- Dean's List, Fall 2017
- Dean's List, Spring 2017
- Dean's List, Fall 2016
- Dean's List, Spring 2016
- Dean's List, Fall 2015
- Geeks and Gadgets (Founder and President)
- John Marshall Emerging Leaders Institute (JMELI)
- Pottery Club
I attended Herbert Hoover High School in Clendenin, WV. I attended Hoover from 2011 until I graduated in 2015.
- Graduated Highest Honors with a 4.52 GPA
- Graduated 4th in class
- Named most likely to succeed by the Class of 2015
- Named Student of the Month numerous times
- Graduated as an AP Scholar for completing 3 Advanced Placement Tests
- Recieved recognition for completing over 500 hours of community service
- Yearbook Photographer 2013 - 2015
- Archery Team 2012 - 2015
- Miscelanious Computer Repair/Trouble Shooting
- United States Civil Air Patrol
- Air Force Junior Office Reserve Training Corps (AFJROTC)